Medi-classic Insurance Policy (Individual)
About Star Health Insurance
- Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd commenced its operations in 2006 with the business interests in Health Insurance, Overseas Mediclaim Policy and Personal Accident. Star built a promising path for our future with a capital base of Rs.985 crores. Star have emerged as India’s first stand-alone Health Insurance Company, dealing in personal accident, medi-claim and overseas travel insurance.
- At Star Health Insurance, the company offers a wide range of health insurance products at affordable prices to make health insurance every human being’s right. And as a company, single-mindedly dedicated to health insurance.
Sum Insured Options Available
Star Comprehensive will cover all medical expenses in case of medically necessary hospitalization of an Insured person incurred due to Disease, Illness or injury when the Insured person is admitted as an in-patient for more than 24 consecutive hours.
- Nursing expenses.
- Medical Practitioner
- Specialist Fees
- Operation Theatre charges
- Surgical Appliances
- Medicines and Drugs
- Diagnostic Materials and X-ray
Pre And Post Hospitalization Expenses
- Pre Hospitalization: Star will cover medical expenses of an Insured person due to a disease or injury or illness incurred immediately prior to hospitalization, up to 30 days under the plan opted by the Insured subject to a claim being admissible under In-patient Hospitalization and expenses are related to the same illness/condition.
- Post Hospitalization: Star will cover medical expenses of an Insured person incurred post hospitalization due to a disease or injury or illness up to 60 days under the plan opted by the Insured subject to a claim being admissible under In-patient Hospitalization and expenses are related to the same illness/condition.
NOTE: The amount payable shall not exceed the sum equivalent to 7% of the hospitalization subjected maximum of Rs.5000/- per occurrence towards comprising of Nursing after an Insured person’s admission to a Hospital for the same illness.
Room Rent Or Hospital Accommodation
Room Boarding Expenses as provided by the Hospital Nursing Home at 2% of the sum insured subject to a maximum of Rs.5000 per day.
- All those medical expenses of an Insured Person in case of medically necessary day care treatment or surgery that requires less than 24 hours hospitalization due to advancement in technology and which is undertaken in a hospital / nursing home will be covered
- Medi Classic covers 101 day care procedures.
- The amount payable in respect of the following treatment is up-to the limit mentioned here-against:
- Emergency Ambulance will cover up to the limit stated in the policy for transportation of the insured person by private ambulance service when this is needed for medical reasons to go to hospital for treatment provided, such claim is admissible as per the policy .
- Emergency ambulance charges for transporting the covered patient to the hospital up to a sum of Rs 750/- per hospitalization and overall limit of Rs 1500/- per policy period.
Non allopathic Treatment
Star will Cover up to 25% of the sum insured subject to maximum of Rs 25000/- per policy period.
No Claim Bonus
Automatic Restoration of Sum Insured
- The Sum Insured is automatically restored by 200% when the basic sum insured is fully exhausted during the policy period.
- Such restored sum insured can be utilized only for illness, disease directly or remotely un related to the illness, diseases for which claims were made.
- This facility is not available for family package plan.
- Hospital Cash: Payable Rs. 1000 per day of completed hospitalization maximum of 7 Days per Hospitalization and 14 days per policy period
- Patient Care: Payable Rs. 400/- day for maximum 5 Days per Hospitalization and 14 days per policy period
- 30 Days Initial waiting period except Accidents
- 48 Months waiting period if any Pre-Existing diseases.
- 24 Months waiting period for specific diseases.
List Of Specific Diseases
- The expenses for treatment of Cataract, Glaucoma, Retinal detachment, Macular degeneration, prolapse of intervertebral disc, Varicose Veins and Varicose ulcers, benign Prostatic hypertrophy, Deviated Nasal Septum.
- All treatments (conservative, interventional, laparoscopic and open) for Hepatobiliary gall bladder and Pancreatic calculi and Genitourinary calculi.
- All treatments (conservative, interventional, laparoscopic and open) for Uterine Prolapse, Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding, Fibroids, Pelvic Inflammatory Diseases, all diseases of Fallopian tubes and Ovaries.
- Conservative and operative treatment of joint diseases (other than caused by accident).
- All types of joint replacement (other than caused by accident).
- Any transplant and related surgery.
- Degenerative disc and vertebral diseases and degenerative diseases of the Musculo-Skeletal system
- Addictive conditions and disorders; Ageing and puberty, Artificial life maintenance; Circumcision, Dental /oral treatment, Conflict and disaster, Congenital conditions, Convalescence and Rehabilitation,
- Cosmetic surgery, Drugs and dressings for OPD Treatment or take-home use; Eyesight, Unproven/ Experimental treatment, Health hydros, nature cure, wellness clinics etc.
- HIV and AIDS, Obesity, Hereditary conditions (specified), Items of personal comfort and convenience, Alternative treatment, Psychiatric and Psychosomatic Conditions, OPD Treatment, Stem cell implantation, Ancillary Hospital Charges,
- Preventive care, Treatment for Alopecia, Unrelated diagnostic, x-ray or laboratory examinations, Charges for medical papers, Reproductive medicine, Self-inflicted injuries, Sexual problems and gender issues, Sexually transmitted diseases, Unrecognized physician or Hospital,
- Active participation in adventure or hazardous sports including but not limited to para-jumping, rock climbing, mountaineering, motor racing, horse racing or deep-sea diving, Unlawful Activity, Any costs or expenses specified in the List of Expenses Generally Excluded at Annexure I .