Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Policy
About Star Health Insurance
•Star Health and Allied Insurance Co Ltd started its operations in 2006.
•The company is based on a capital of Rs.985 crores.
•Star Health and Allied Insurance company has emerged as India’s first stand alone Health Insurance Company dealing in Personal Accident, Medi Claim and overseas travel insurance.
Why is Senior Citizen Health Insurance at 60 Important?
- 4 in 5 older adults will battle at least one chronic condition or illness such as heart disorders, arthritis, or osteoporosis. 50% will battle at least two.
- The 15 Most Common Health Concerns for Seniors; Arthritis, Heart Disease, Cancer, Respiratory Diseases, Alzheimer’s Disease, Osteoporosis, Diabetes, Influenza and Pneumonia, Falls, Substance Abuse, Obesity, Depression, Oral Health, Poverty, Shingles.
Sum Insured Options
- 1 Lakh
- 2 Lakh
- 3 Lakh
- 4 Lakh
- 5 Lakh
- 7.5 Lakh
- 10 Lakh
Any person between 60 and 75 years of age at the time of entry can take this insurance policy. The sum insured under this insurance is per individual member covered.
- For Senior citizens aged between 60 to 75 years.
- No pre-insurance medical test required.
- Covers pre-existing diseases from the second year onwards.
- Medical Consultations as an Out Patient in a Network Hospital.
- Higher Sum Insured coverage upto Rs.10 Lakhs.
- Guaranteed lifetime renewals.
- Coverage for all pre-existing disease after 12 months from the date of commencement of policy.
A discount of 10% of the premium will be allowed if proposer produces the documents to the satisfaction of the company : Stress Thallium Report, BP Report, Sugar (blood and urine) blood urea and creatinine .The tests should have been taken nor before 45 days from the date of proposal.
- Room Charges – Room ,Boarding and nursing expenses are provided at 1% of the sum insured upto a maximum of Rs.6000/ day
- ICU Charges – Covered upto 2% of the sum insured per day
- Surgeon , Anesthetist ,Medical Practitioner, Consultants, Specialists Fees subjected to a maximum of 25% of the sum insured per hospitalization .
- Anesthesia, Blood, Oxygen and Operation Theater charges, Surgical Appliances, Medicines and Drugs, Diagnostic Materials and diagnostic imaging modalities, X-ray, Dialysis, Chemotherapy, Radiotherapy, cost of Pacemaker and Similar expenses subjected to a maximum of 50% of the sum insured per Hospitalization.
- 50% of each and every claim relating to Pre-existing Diseases
- 30% of each and every claim for all other claims
Emergency Ambulance Expenses
- Coverage upto Rs 600 per hospitalization and Rs.1200 per policy period for transporting the insured person by a private ambulance service.
Post Hospitalization Charges
A sum equivalent to 7% of the hospitalization expenses comprising of Nursing Charges, Surgeons /Consultant’s fee, Diagnostic Charges, Medicines and drugs only subject to a maximum of Rs.5,000/- per occurrence towards post hospitalization medical expenses whenever recommended by a medical practitioner.
Expenses on medical consultant as an out patient incurred in a network hospital up to the limits mentioned in the table given below with a limit of Rs 200 / consultation
Payment under this benefit will not reduce the sum insured and is payable only when the policy is in force
- Chemotherapy/Radiotherapy shall form part of the sub limit for treatment of cancer
- Dialysis shall form part of the sub limit for treatment of Renal complications
- Provided the waiver of the minimum period of 24 hours hospitalization is limited to the above mentioned treatment only
The expenses payable in during the entire policy period in respect of the following diseases/conditions is limited to the amount mentioned below