TATA AIG Travel Insurance
ABOUT TATA AIG
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited:
It is an Indian general insurance company, and a joint venture between the Tata Group and American International Group (AIG).
TATA holds 74 per cent stake in the insurance venture with AIG holding the balance 26 percent.
It started its operations in India on 22 January 2001, provides insurance to individuals and corporate.
It offers a range of general insurance products including insurance for automobile, home, personal accident, travel, energy, marine, property and casualty as well as several specialized financial lines.
Plans available in Travel Guard from TATA AIG:
Multi trip travel insurance policy: multi trip policy is an insurance policy cover which will cover multiple trips made by the insured in a span of one year. The options are 30 days and 45 days max in one trip.
Single trip travel insurance policy: Single trip policy is an insurance policy cover which will cover only single trip for a span of max 180 days made by the insured. This can be extended by another 180 days with approvals from under writers
Sum Assured Options – Travel Guard Single Trip
BENEFITS AVAILABLE IN THIS POLICY
ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT
- If the insured is injured under the circumstances described in the Hazard (H-3)during an Insured Journey while this Policy is in effect results in any one of the losses as shown in the policy schedule is covered under this benefit.
- The loss must occur within 365 Days from the date of the Accident which caused Injury. If more than one loss results from any one Accident, only one amount, the largest will be paid.
ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT (Common Carrier)
- If the insured is Injured under the circumstances described in the Hazard(H-6) during an Insured Journey while this Policy is in effect results in one of the losses as shown in the policy schedule will be covered under this benefit.
- Injury must occur while You are riding as a passenger in or on, boarding or alighting from, a Common Carrier. The loss must occur within 365 Days, from the date of the Accident which caused Injury.
ACCIDENT & SICKNESS MEDICAL EXPENSES
- If during an Insured Journey while this Policy is in effect, You sustain an Injury or Sickness which is not due to Pre-existing Condition and under the circumstances described in the Hazard (H-3).
- The company will reimburse the Reasonable and Customary Covered Medical Expenses subject to Deductible and up to the maximum Per disease/illness/injury Sum Insured stated in the Policy Schedule.
SICKNESS DENTAL EXPENSES
- If incurred as a result of sudden acute pain, which occurs without warning to one or more of Your Sound Natural Teeth requiring Immediate Dental Treatment under circumstances described in a Hazard during the course of an overseas Insured Journey will be covered under this benefit.
- Dental benefits will be provided for Medically Necessary filling of the tooth or surgical treatment, services, or supplies, subject to the per tooth and per occurrence maximum amounts shown in the Policy Schedule. Dental benefits shall be limited to treatment sustained to Sound Natural Teeth.
- The company will reimburse You for the expense of necessary personal effects, up to the maximum stated in the Policy Schedule or the Schedule of Benefits,
- If Your Checked Baggage is delayed or misdirected by a Common Carrier for more than the Deductible shown on the Policy Schedule, from the time You arrive at the destination stated on Your ticket.
- The company will pay benefits, in the case of permanent loss of an entire piece of Checked Baggage, due to theft .
- Benefits will only be payable in case of the loss of an entire piece of checked baggage, and not for damage to the luggage or partial loss of its contents.
EMERGENCY MEDICAL EVACUATION
- Evacuation: Covered expenses are those for Transportation and medical treatment, including medical services and medical supplies necessarily incurred in connection with Your Emergency Evacuation.
- All Transportation arrangements made for evacuating You must be by the most direct and economical route possible. Expenses for Transportation must be: (a) recommended by the attending Physician; (b) required by the standard regulations of the conveyance transporting You; and (c) arranged and authorized in advance by the Assistance Company.
REPATRIATION OF REMAINS
- The company will pay benefits up to the amount stated in the Policy Schedule or Schedule of Benefits or the actual costs incurred, whichever is the lower,
For covered expenses reasonably incurred to repatriate Your body from the place of death to India, in case of Your death as the result of the Bodily Injury or Sickness during the Period of Insurance.
BOUNCED BOOKINGS OF AIRLINES AND HOTEL
The Company shall reimburse the actual additional expenses/ cost incurred by the Insured up to the Sum Insured specified in the Policy Schedule for alternative flight arrangements or for alternative accommodation in the event of the confirmed flight reservation for any part of the Trip within the Period of Insurance bouncing at the sole instance of the Common Carrier or bouncing of the confirmed accommodation booking at place of stay being part of the Trip solely at the instance of the accommodation provider.
- Definition: means the unlawful seizure or wrongful exercise of control of an aircraft or other Common Carrier, or the crew thereof, in which You are traveling as a passenger
The company will pay You a distress allowance as shown in the Policy Schedule, for every 24 hour period during which any Common Carrier in which You are traveling has been Hijacked, where as a direct consequence, Your Trip has been disrupted up to a maximum amount stated in the Policy Schedule subject to any applicable Deductible
LOSS OF PASSPORT
If the insured looses passport and incur necessary and reasonable expenses in connection with obtaining a duplicate or new passport up to the maximum stated in the Policy Schedule will be covered under this benefit.
1. loss of passport due to delay or from confiscation or detention by customs, police or other authority;
2. theft which is not reported to any appropriate police authority within 24 hours of discovery and an official report obtained;
3. loss or theft of passport left unattended by You unless located in a locked hotel room or apartment and an appropriate sized safety deposit box was not available.
The company will reimburse You the Covered Expenses paid by You following necessary curtailment (Shortening and / or alteration) of the insured journey and You have to directly return to the country of usual residence, where You started Your Insured Journey, subject to the maximum shown in the Policy Schedule, due to:
1. the aircraft which You boarded as a passenger is hijacked.
2. Due to unexpected death of Your immediate family member.
3. Due to natural disaster which has prevented You from continuing with the scheduled trip
4. Due to unexpected strike, riot or Civil commotion which are beyond Your control
The company will pay loss of deposits up to the maximum amount stated in the Policy Schedule, if prior to the Contracted Departure Date Your Trip is canceled and You or Prevented From Taking the Trip due to a Sickness, Injury or death or to, Your Traveling Companion, Your Immediate Family Member, or Your Traveling Companion's Immediate Family Member under the circumstances described in a Hazard during the course of an Insured Journey.
MISSED CONNECTIONS/MISSED DEPARTURE
The company will reimburse reasonable additional expenses due to missed connections, or missed departure by Your scheduled airline, on your return journey, subject to the maximum shown in the Policy Schedule, if the missed connection / departure is due to a Covered Hazard during the course of an Insured Journey.
Covered Hazards: Delay in Scheduled Common Carrier failing to get You to Your destination in time due to
1. Inclement Weather, or
2. Strike or other job action by employees of a Common Carrier scheduled to be used by You during Your return journey, or
3. Equipment Failure of a Common Carrier.
- If the insured person found that he is involved in any of the riot, strike, or any crime the company will not be liable.
- If the insured person is going for any adventurous activities like sky diving, skiing, paragliding, any bike race, car race, mountain climbing, etc the company will not be liable.
- If the insured trying to operate or learning to operate the aircraft, and performing the duties of any crew member of the aircraft will not liable.
- performance of manual work for employment or any other potentially dangerous occupation by the insured is permanently excluded.
- Any loss, damage or legal liability arising directly or indirectly by travelling to Afghanistan, cuba and democratic republic of congo will not be liable by the company.
- where the Insured Person is travelling against the advice of a Physician; or receiving or on a waiting list for receiving specified medical treatment; or is travelling for the purpose of obtaining treatment; or has received a terminal prognosis for a medical condition.
- Any Pre-existing Condition or any complication arising from it will not be covered under this benefit.
- Suicide, attempted suicide (whether sane or insane) or intentionally self inflicted Injury or Illness, or sexually transmitted conditions, mental or nervous disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immune.
- Property damage
If a claim is made or a suit is brought against You for Property Damage that occurred during the Period of Insurance and caused by an Occurrence to which this coverage applies, We will pay up to the amount stated in the Policy Schedule or the Schedule of Benefits, subject to any applicable Deductible, for Our limit of liability for the damages for which You are legally liable.
- Medical payment to others
If a claim is made or a suit is brought against You for Medical expenses as the result of an Accident that occurred during the Period of Insurance caused by You and resulting in Bodily Injury to another person, while this Policy is in force, company will pay the necessary medical expenses up to the amount stated in the Policy Schedule, that are incurred or medically ascertained within one year from the date of an Accident causing Bodily Injury subject to any applicable Deductible for this section.