“Burglary” means theft involving entry into to or exit from the Insured’s premises by forcible and violent means or following assault or violence or threat thereof the Insured or any of Insured’s employees or a member of the Insured's family or any person residing lawfully in the Insured’s premises .
- Loss caused to insured premises or damage due to actual , forcible or violent entry into the insured premises .
- Damage to property following upon entry or attempted threat .
- NOTE :- The indemnity provided is to the extent of the intrinsic value of the property so lost or damaged, subject to the limit of the sum insured
- Gold or silver articles, watches or jewelry or precious stones or models or coins or curios, sculptures, manuscripts, rare books, plans, medals, molds, designs, deeds, bonds, bills of exchange, bank, treasury or promissory notes, cheque, money, securities, stamps, collection of stamps, business books or papers , unless specifically insured.
- Loss or damage where any inmate or member of the Insured’s household or of his business staff or any other person lawfully in the premises in the business is concerned in the actual theft or damage to any of the articles or premises or where such loss or damage have been expedited or in any way assisted or brought about by any such person or persons. 3) Loss or damage which is recoverable under Fire.
- Loss or damage directly or indirectly, which arises out of or in connection with riot and strike, civil commotion, terrorist activities, earthquake, flood, storm, volcanic eruption, typhoon, hurricane, tornado, cyclone or other convulsions of nature or atmospheric disturbances.
- Loss or damage whether direct or indirect arising from war , war like operations and of foreign enemy hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, revolution, insurrection, civil commotion, military or usurped power, seizure, capture, confiscation, arrests, restraint and detainment by Order of any government or any other authority will not be covered under this policy.
- In any action, suit or other proceedings where the Company alleges that by reason of provisions hereof, any loss or damage is not covered by this insurance, the burden of proving that such loss or damage is covered shall be upon the Insured.
- Consequential loss or legal liability of any kind.
- Loss of money and/or other property abstracted from safe following the use of the key to the said safe or any duplicate thereof belonging to the Insured, unless such key has been obtained by assault or violence or any threat thereof.
- Loss of or damage to any property insured under the policy due to any malfeasance or breach of trust in relation thereto by the insured.
Policy Shall Cease To Attach:
- If the premises shall have been left abandoned by day and night for seven or more consecutive days and nights.
- If the Insured shall cause or suffer any material alteration to be made in the premises or anything to be done whereby the risk is increased.